Safety first: Please read the following prior to making your booking. These are specific requirements and information to minimise the risk of spreading of Covid-19 prior to and during your stay at Alpha House, Alpha Cottage and St Hilda's Apartment
howing symptoms We ask that if you develop a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or any Covid-19 symptoms, that you please do not attempt to visit us, you must stay home and follow government advice.
If you develop any symptoms of COVID -19 during your stay, you must leave the property immediately, and return home to self isolate. You are not permitted under any circumstances to remain at the property with symptoms.
Minimising Risk We have tried to reduce risks of spreading Covid-19 within the properties. This includes:
- Aiming to leave at least 48 hours between bookings in 2020 (to be reviewed for 2021.) - Extra hygiene measures are in place, such as cleaning and disinfecting high contact areas of the properties, such as door handles and light switches.
- We will provide soap and cleaning materials but ask that you bring your own hand sanitiser and additional handwash. All guests should wash their hands frequently during their stay and each time you enter or leave the property.
- Convenience items like tea, coffee, sugar and cooking essentials are reduced, please bring your own.
- Main information folders are alternated after each stay and information leaflets are much reduced. Additional information on things to do is available online.
- Whilst we do not want to leave the properties looking sterile, we have removed non-essential items to reduce risks. We have split the books, games, and DVDs and will alternate on each changeover.
Arriving at the property: - Payment before arrival and guest address and contact details are collected in advance reducing contact at arrival/department.
- Access to Alpha House, Alpha Cottage and St Hilda's Apartment is by key lock to enable non-contact on arrival / departure*
- Please do not arrive at the property before the check-in time of 3.00pm.
- The property will be prepared for your arrival, and cleaned and disinfected to the best of our ability, but we cannot 100% guarantee that the property will be covid-free.
*Note: there is a communal hallway at St Hilda's Apartment, so extra care should be taken cleaning hands and maintaining social distancing on arrival and departure of the building.
Leaving the property: - Prior to departure, we ask that you make sure the property is clean and tidy. - Please strip all bedding from used beds, and put bedding and used towels into laundry bags (as provided).
- Please load the dishwasher with as much cutlery and crockery as has been used and put on the hottest cycle.
- You must be ready and leave by the departure time (revised to 11.00am during the covid-19 pandemic). We are leaving at least 24 hours between bookings to minimise risk to guests, and to give more time to safer cleaning. Adapting as things change: To find out more about Coronavirus and read the most recent advice from our Government, we would advise you to visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Our understanding of Covid-19 is changing all the time. We will keep up to date with the latest information and adapt our approach appropriately.